As 2012 comes to an end, so does my first year as an official blogger. I never thought I would join the blogging community and now I can’t imagine not being a part of it. Though I have been writing for years and have been published numerous times in both magazines and newspapers, there is something unique and special and different about writing for a blog. No editors, no deadlines, no word limits or endless revisions. I have also made some new friends along the way, an added benefit that I did not anticipate when I made the decision to blog.
As you may know, my goal was to write a “thought-provoking blog about life, mistakes, faith, hope and grace. Oh, and sometimes it is funny.” With each post, I have tried to stay true to that guideline. I have written about life with posts about birthdays, Boy Scouts, dating, school shootings, freedom of speech, abortion,& suicide. Many of the posts mention the many mistakes I have made in my life and the subsequent lessons I have learned from them. I have tried to weave faith, hope, grace and humor through each post as they are aspects we all need regardless of our personal situation. I even offer some free parental advice in posts like “How to raise a rebellious child”, “The corrective brace” and “Parenting in the technological age.”
I thought I would use this final post to share some fun facts about my blog as of today (December 31, 2012) – the last day of the year. For those who have encouraged me to write again – thank you. For those who have read my posts, forwarded them to others, made comments, suggestions and critiques – thank you as well. My blog would not be where it is today without you.
2012 Fun Blog Facts:
- 90 – Number of posts written this year (total)
- 17 – Most number posts written in a given month (May)
- 4 – Least number of posts written in a given month (April & November)
- 48,638 – Number of people who have read my blog
- 22,514 – Most viewed month (July)
- 7,098 – Most views in one day
- 18,272 – Most read blog (The Dark Knight Rises Indeed)
- 151 – Number of countries that have seen my blog
Top 10 most views by country:
Top 10 most popular posts (by views)
- The Dark Knight Rises Indeed
- Holy Kiss
- If the Apostle Paul had Facebook
- Welcome to my cloud in the blogosphere
- How are you doing?
- Stop complaining!
- About me?
- I’ve fallen and can’t get up
- Letter to my son: As you enter high school
- The Amish Fragrance
Source: 2012 Annual Report
See you in the New Year!