To download this rider in a PDF format, click here: Speaking Rider – Rod Arters
SPEAKING RIDER – ROD ARTERS
Please read through the agreement carefully. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to serving your organization in the near future!
- TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
- It is expected that the inviting organization will cover all travel expenses (personal vehicle mileage, rental car fees, rental car gasoline, tolls, train or airfare & airfare fees) to and from the event (in addition to any honorarium you may choose to give).
- The current “rate” for car mileage (as determined by the I.R.S.) is $.55 per mile.
- If the event is more than 2 hours away (by car), I may request to rent a car.
- If the event is more than 5 hours away (by car), I may request to fly for my schedule’s sake. Please confirm the dates/times and flight information with me before you officially book the flight. I would prefer to fly out of Charlotte, NC (CLT). Please let me know ahead of time if someone is picking me up at the airport or if I am to rent a car.
- LODGING ACCOMODATIONS
- To serve you and your group as effectively as possible, I would prefer to have my own private quarters. I stay more rested (and therefore can serve you more effectively) when I am given my own “space.” Thank you for arranging this if at all possible. Please let me know in advance if I will need to bring my own sheets, blankets, sleeping bag, pillow or towels?
- If the accommodations will be a hotel, I’d prefer to book that myself.
- To save you money, I would be willing to commute to and from the event if possible and reasonable. (Local bookings only)
- It is expected that the inviting organization will cover all lodging expenses.
- It is expected that all meals will be covered by the contact person through the duration of the event, including round-trip travel time.
- NOTE: I have a life-threatening allergy to all peanut products. Please keep the entire menu free from peanuts, peanut butter and foods cooked in peanut oil while I am with you. Even exposure to others eating such products can cause a severe reaction. Thank you for being extra diligent in this area.
- PRESENTATION AIDES
- I generally prefer to have a small podium or music stand to teach from. Please let me know if this will not be available for me prior to my departure.
- Depending on the size of the audience and acoustics of the room, I may need to have my voice amplified. If this is needed, please provide a sufficient sound system. A cordless, lapel microphone best suits my presentation style.
- Please let me know if a projector (for PowerPoint presentation) will be available to use during the teaching. I will be bringing my laptop.
- For overnight events, will I have reasonable access to a printer (or nearby FedEx/Kinkos/Staples) should I need one?
- CANCELLATION AND/OR DATE CHANGE PROCEDURE
If you must cancel or change the date of your event, please notify me as soon as possible. I may be able to serve someone else during that time. Thanks!
If you advertise this event, click here for the pre-approved promotional bio.
- HONORARIUM – (I Corinthians 9:11-14)
- At this time, to accommodate as many requests as possible, I do not charge a set amount for my services.
- What I generally ask is that you would cover all of my expenses (round trip travel, lodging, food etc.) and then give beyond that as much as you feel led to give.
- I invest many hours in preparation, not to mention the time away from my own ministry while I am with you. Thank you for being as fair and generous as your budget allows. (Philippians 4:19)
- Please read “A word about honorariums” for more about this.